My Fav! =)

FAVORITES

I completely love…

• Softball
  • Writing
  • Creativity
  • Family & Friends
  • Cooking

SOFTBALL

I have been playing softball since I was eight years old.  It is such a fun sport!  I play catcher and third base, so I never get bored in the field!  Through softball, I’ve met many new people and have made lots of new friends.  It really gets me involved and helps me stay active and athletic.  I am totally in love with softball!

I decided to play softball because I got kind of jealous of my brother.  He started playing before me, so my parents were always at his games and I had to go too, which wasn’t much fun for me.  He and my dad were always out in the back yard playing and practicing, so one day I decided to join them.  Now, my dad always tells me that when I was little and I came out to play with him and my brother, that he always thought “Oh, great.” (Sarcasticly)  He told me he said that because I had no idea how to catch or throw a ball, how to swing a bat, or even how to run the bases!  Well, that day when I went out to join them, they had the bases set out.  My dad explained to me that when I hit the ball, I get to run the bases.  I really wanted to run those bases, so I grabbed the bat and told my dad to throw the ball to me.  When he did, I swung the bat and got a lucky hit.  Since I had no idea how to run the bases, I ran them backwards!  I went from 3rd base to 2nd base to 1st base, and all the way to home plate.  When I got there my dad and brother were staring at me with their mouths open. “What?” I asked them.  And then they told me, “You ran them backwards.”  I was really embarassed, but in the end it was actually kind of fun.  I decided to give softball a chance, and now I have been playing for ten seasons, and have been on two all star teams and I am now in travel ball.  If you want to know more about my softball life, check out this site: http://2215jh.edublogs.org/?p=24

WRITING

Writing is not something that I do when I have to, but it’s something I do when I want to.  It lets me share my creativirty, thoughts, opinions, and feelings!  I have been writing stories for a long time, and I think I’m pretty good at it, too!  In first grade, second grade, third grade, and fourth grade, I won the Young Author’s Program at my school.  Even better, in fifth grade, I got a perfect score on my writing test!  Writing is something I was meant to do, it is my passion.  I hope to become an author when I grow up so my stories can be published.  Until then, I’ll keep writing!!

CREATIVITY

Ooohhh, I think this one is my favorite. Why?  Because it’s, well, creative!  With creativity people can do all sorts of things.  Creativity is color, writing, paintings, sculptures, and SO much more.  For creativity, I like to see things that are different.  Not something original, but something that someone made by themselves without copying someone else’s work.  Creativity takes us very far.  Just look at all the things we have today.  Just imagine what our world will be like in fifty years with creativity in hand!  I use creativity a lot in my life, so find out how at http://2215jh.edublogs.org/?p=53

FAMILY & FRIENDS

My family is amazing, and so are my friends.  I have a sister who is 13 and a brother that is 10.  My parents are really great people.  My grandparents (Mom’s parents) live three houses away from me. so I see them almost every day.  I am very close with my cousin, who lives a mile or two away with my aunt and uncle.  My dad’s parents and his brother along with his family live in Virginia.  I don’t see them as often as my mom’s parents, but they come to visit.  My friends are great.  They are always there for me and are very nice.  My best friend and I have known each other since second grade.  We were in the same classes until fifth grade, but we saw each other every day since both of our moms work at our elementary school.  We don’t go to the same middle school, but I still see her a lot.  I think that everyone should have some good friends, and if they don’t…find some!!!

COOKING

I love to cook mostly because I love to eat the food at the end!  I love cooking dinners with my dad, who is a fantastic chef.  We cook  a lot of things, mostly for the family.  It is one of my hobbies, and it brings me closer to my dad, because we both love to cook.  When he’s making dinner, I have to do something to help him, even if it’s something as simple as dicing up the garlic.  I love to cook, and I can’t wait until I have a family of my own to cook for!